Salary: $20.00 /hour
Agency and Department Summary
Alameda Point Collaborative (APC) is located on the decommissioned naval station at Alameda Point and provides permanent housing and supportive services to those experiencing homelessness and permanent disabilities.
The Development Department is charged with raising funds and partnerships to provide support and resources for the agency and APC community. The department is currently in an expansion period with the adoption and implementation of its strategic plan and is looking for a personable and highly succinct employee that has an attention to detail that matches their initiative and organization. The position provides many opportunities to build and demonstrate leadership skills and experience. Most importantly this person should be motivated by the mission of APC and always work to uphold the interests of the APC community.
The Development & Donor and Gifts Coordinator plays a vital role in the fundraising activities of the Development Department at APC. The person in this role is responsible for coordinating, planning, organizing and directing all incoming donations and gifts associated with the Development Department’s Incoming Donations and Gifts Program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with constituents from all backgrounds with compassion and respect
- Continue the development and implementation of the Payroll Pledge Program and its outreach plan; increase the number of Payroll Pledges and company matches
- Develop and coordinate an ongoing network for the Local Business Fundraisers; at least one local business fundraiser a month
- Coordinate, process, and input all incoming gifts and donations into donor database; monetary and in-kind
- Maintain the donor database and all entries of donations and gifts
- Continue to develop donor acknowledgment process and the donor database tracking and reporting
- Write and send Thank You letters/receipts to every donor and gifter
- Outreach and appeal for donations and gifts
- Appeal to donors and gifters for volunteer opportunities
- Understand and build out projects based on the various types of APC donations and gifts
- Develop rapport and relationships with a variety of donors, particularly corporate, through regular correspondence and outreach
- Provide support and assistance to all site managers with donation and gifts needs and inquires
- Maintain website with gift and donation updates
- Maintain and track donor and gift budgets and receipts; budget management
- Regularly meet with site managers to recommend and develop ongoing gifts utilization
- Track and report gift and donor data for all forms of media, grants, and agency reporting
- Work with social, civic, corporate, and local organizations to develop ongoing partnerships, where appropriate
- Research, update, and recommend the best technical programs and/or software for the donor database that meets all agency needs
- Support with large volunteer groups when needed
- Develop and produce annual donor giving campaign
- Work collaboratively with the Development and Volunteer Coordinator to continue the development and implementation of the Marketing and Communications Program
- Regularly post to agency social media platforms and website
- Develop and send out the constituent newsletter
- Create department marketing materials
- Assist in the development and implementation of special events
- Assist with external communications
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Communication (personal and interpersonal) Proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Highly Organized
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Excellent computer skills and adaptability to new technology
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does oversee the entire donation and gifting function
This job operates in a professional office environment, off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. The employee will regularly be outside, walking, sometimes working alongside volunteers doing various laborious tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
- Experience with design marketing materials
- Highly proficient with MS Word and Excel. G Suite and Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Asana and Slack use encouraged
- Photography and journalism encouraged
- Database experience, preferably Salesforce or similar
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required by deadlines and special events
- Experience working with at-risk communities
- Prior experience in donor management and marketing and communications for a public or nonprofit employer.
- Prior experience creating and implementing donor programs and training.
- Understanding of social media platforms and how to leverage that for fundraising purposes
- Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.