The Alameda Point Collaborative works to end homelessness by providing housing and services to create communities where formerly homeless families and individuals can flourish.
POSITION: Assistant Property Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Housing
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Housing, assists the APC property management team in the supervision and management of the APC affordable housing program including leasing, rent collections, resident recertification, and interface with residents and other members of the APC collaborative services team.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Two or more years, working in a Property Management environment with preference given to non-profit and/or HUD-subsidized supportive housing.
· COS training a plus and/or completion of certification within 6 months of employment
· One or more years of experience working with underserved and/or homeless populations
· Computer literate and demonstrated abilities with PCs, Microsoft Office, Excel, and related software, preference given to Yardi software experience.
· Some staff supervision experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & SKILLS
· Ability to work independently and as member of collaborative services team
· Ability to work effectively in high stress situations
· Ability to sit for long periods of time
· Good communication skills including written, verbal, in person and by telephone
· Ability to learn new tasks and/or systems
· Ability to prioritize workload frequently
· Reasoning and thinking skills and ability to problem solve
· Occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds
This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors. APC is an equal opportunity employer.